Welcome to The Queens Head
The Queen’s Head is Pinner's Oldest Inn.
Records show that there has been an inn on the site since 1540, although there is a theory that there was an Ale house on site here when King Edward III signed the Royal Charter to create Pinner's Annual Fair in 1336.
During the 16th and 17th Centuries the Inn was called The Crown; only in 1715 was it renamed The Queen’s Head.
The Queen’s Head, being a traditional 'Real Ale Pub', serves 5 ‘permanent’ real ales and 2 guest ales which are changed weekly. Please look at our real ales page for tasting notes.
Lagers on tap include: Stella, Peroni, Henieneken Extra Cold, Fosters and Carlsberg. There is also a wide selection of white, rose and red wines, as well as a range of popular vodkas, gins, fifteen specialist malt whiskies, Poteen (90% ABV) and other spirits. We are the only pub outside the central London area to stock Brewdog IPA on draught (5.4% ABV)
The pub has a large heated garden which is in use thougout the year.
Lunch is served from 12.00 – 3.00pm at weekends only, On Sundays there is a traditional English Sunday Roast. Unfortuntely we cannot accommodate children in the bar area.
In 1872, Eleanor, the daughter of Horatio Nelson, Nelsons only daughter, was killed by a bolting horse outside the Queens Head. She was unmarried and predeceased her mother. It is said that her benevolent ghost still roams the rooms of the pub. Both Eleanor and Horatia are buried locally.